Teaching at Harvard University Extension School
Jen is a Lecturer in Digital Media Design at Harvard University Extension School. In 2018, Jen received the Shattuck Award for excellence in teaching.
Jen teaches at least five classes per year. Those courses currently include:
- DGMD E-20, Modern and Mobile Front-End Web Design 1, Fall 2019, wholly online
- DGMD E-599, Capstone Design Studio, Fall 2019, wholly online
- DGMD E-23, Planning Successful Websites & Apps, January term 2020, in-person only
- DGMD E-25, Creating Websites with Content Management Systems, Spring 2020, wholly online
- DGMD E-27, Modern and Mobile Front-End Web Design 2, Spring 2020, wholly online
- DGMD E-53, Designing Stories for the Web, Spring 2020, wholly online, taught with Martha Nichols
- DGMD S-61, Working with Educational Technologies, Summer 2020, 7-week wholly online format
Jen also advises students in the digital media program, collaborates with other faculty members, reviews capstone proposals, and more. Please visit her Harvard Scholar website to learn more.
Fall 2015 Capstone
In Fall 2015, Jen taught her first capstone course for Harvard Extension. Her student Anthony Sylvester created a video about the final hybrid weekend, in which the students met each other in person for the first time and presented their projects to the public and to each other.